November 5, 2008

Farewell Samantha


If you haven't heard the news (I'm a little teary eyed just thinking about it), American Girl is going to retire the Samantha collection. Samantha will always hold a spot in my heart because she is the first AG doll that my daughter received when she was 4 years old. I had the Samantha books in my classroom when I was a teacher and the kids loved them-even the boys. I read those same books to my daughter and she grew to love Samantha and just like her mommy, she loves anything that has to do with the Victorian period. If you want to complete your Samantha collection, you should do it now before she's gone. If you don't have Samantha yet, she would make a great gift for your daughter. The doll is gorgeous and hopefully when my daughter is done playing with dolls (she is walking that line now and I know I'm in denial) we will pack up Samantha into her trunk and hopefully someday I will pull her out for my granddaughter to play with. If you are a Samantha fan like me you can go to their website and leave your favorite memories or stories about her. Goodbye Samantha, thanks for the memories! (I was going to upload a slide show with pictures of Samantha through the years but I thought that would be a bit much). :)

8 comments:

Lori of I'm no super Mom said...

Awww that is sad!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Sounds like a sad day at your house. That is neat that you can pack her up and potentially share her with your grandchildren one day.

Thanks for stopping by.

Shanda said...

My daughter LOVES American Girl everything right now! We have the Samantha movie and have really enjoyed it. Such awesome stories and good lessons! Sad when they "retire..."

I appreciated your comments earlier on my blog! Thank you so much for stopping by. I pray your health will be strong and constant! Blessings!

Abby said...

OH my daughter will be so sad this is her favorite!!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Those dolls are so gorgeous! Sorry you are "losing" your Samantha! Perhaps you'll like the new one they'll come out with??

Tabitha Blue said...

OMG, I can't believe they're retiring Samantha!! She was my favorite some time ago, I read all the books and then even made Samantha recipes weekly for some young girls that I was reading the books with. Aww, so sad :(

Star Forbis said...

I have twin daughters who have the Samantha & Nellie dolls. I love them too, and am so sad to hear they are retiring them. (I thought they were one of the top sellers for AG) We also have all the AG movies & I like Samantha's the best of all!

Anonymous said...

I know prices are on the rise for Samantha, but I found some good deals on Samantha dolls and accessories at http://www.american-girl.myauctionlinks.com/